9.14.2009

Vision

One of my very favorite topics is vision. I love visioneering: the act of envisioning a picture of your preferred future and catalyzing yourself, your team or your church toward it. My pulse increases when I talk vision with other leaders. My spirit lifts. My passion increases. I'm fanatical about vision.

So what is it that gets me all worked up about creating a picture of a preferred future? It's results. Leading a team of people toward a specific goals and watching them take joy in the journey is compelling. You get results when people pool their skills, gifts and energy toward a common future. Contrast that with managing people stuck in the nitty-gritty of a day to day tedium that moves people no where. No results. At least none that probably really matter.

My challenge for you today is to consider whether you have a picture of a preferred future for your ministry or your church. Or one for yourself personally. Where do you want to be in one year, five years, ten years. While the Holy Spirit must lead and guide and direct our steps, it's our job to plan. We plan, He guides. We step, He leads. Vision is not what we might do, not what we're thinking about doing...it's what we MUST do.

Craft a compelling vision today you will achieve results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

My photo
Sandy Johnson is a church visioneering and creative arts consultant. She just recently launched, thesynergybox.com, offering creative arts consulting and website resources designed for church leaders and artists. She has worked for over twenty years with church creative arts, church visioneering, catalyzing ministry and proactive church leadership in churches of 600 to 18,000. A leader in the church, with extensive experience helping shape and lead creative arts teams, she is an innovator and a change agent.